Monday, March 29, 2010

Being sick sucks

I caught a bug of some sort, and am home sick, so I decided to start a blog.
The thing about being sick is, one minute you're hot and sweating, and the next you're cold and shaking.
You can take medication to make it stop, but it's actually the way your body is fighting the illness, so you
should put up with it if you can.
I remember being really sick as a kid, and I ended up in the hospital because my temperature was so high.
I think I was hallucinating, because my head seemed to swell to twice it's size, and I kept hearing
sergeant Carter from Gomer Pyle USMC. It could have been the nurse though, she did have a bit of a deep voice.
So, stuck at home with daytime TV isn't the best way to spend the day, there isn't much good on, well, except
for The Golden Girls......kidding, I'm kidding.......
At least I'll have time to prepare tonight's meatless Monday dish, we're having meatless jambalaya. Tomatoes, rice, peppers, squash, spices ,and black eyed peas.
The recipe seems easy enough, so it should be good, if I'm able to eat.
That's another thing about being sick. Sometimes you can't even stand to look at food, and other times your appetite's normal. Hopefully this is just a 12 hour thing, because I don't do sick very well.
It's OK though, because I also don't get sick very often, so it works out pretty fairly.
That's what I think, anyway.



1 comment:

  1. (I tried to post a comment but it got deleted I think...excuse this if it's a duplicate...)
    I hate being sick too. I especially hate it when my cat is sick because I usually step in it and that's not fun!! Uh oh - I feel a hairball coming on...be better soon :)

    ReplyDelete